Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Top Ten

I think I've decided on my top ten favorite bands right now. But I've decided to take my time and count it down, from ten to one, day by day. (Just in case I change my mind? Perhaps.)

10: Boston
Yeah, they made the list. And probably a lot lower than what most of you expected. I love Boston, but to be realistic, they only released one GREAT album. I'm not knocking that album, it's absolutely amazing. However, my other top nine have released way more than just one GREAT album. Hence, Boston comes in at ten.

Back to this album: It's too fun! All eight tracks are fun to sing, play air guitar to, dance to.... you get the picture. Also, I hate to admit this, but I didn't dig Boston until I got to experience the band via Rock Band.

Unfortunately, I have never, nor will I ever, get to see this band live as they were. (Brad Delp, the lead singer, passed a few years back.) However, I do have the next best thing: My dad saw them. I was so excited to hear this. When I asked him how it was, his response was, "I really can't remember, but it was the loudest concert I've ever been to". That's a pretty sweet answer. Funny if you know my dad.

So, there's number ten. Look forward to the rest of the list. I promise it gets much better from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment