Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Number 2

2. Coheed and Cambria


I'm a sucker, what can I say?


I won't say that there's nothing wrong with this band. In fact, I'll say that "Apolo I" is still one of my most hated songs ever, by any artist. Yuck. "Always & Never" also kind of makes me gag a little. (Or a lot.) I also did not like "Wake Up" for a long while.


End things that are wrong with Coheed.


To be honest, the first time I heard the band, I hated Claudio Sanchez's voice. It was entirely too high for my liking. But once I heard "A Favor House Atlantic", I was hooked and could care less about his voice. (Plus the video was pretty funny.)

The albums are written in a series, which tie along with some comic books that progress the story line. Yes, this is completely nerdy and entirely cool all at the same time.

If you're looking into listening to the band, I suggest starting with In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 and ending with Second Stage Turbine Blade which is their first album.

No comments:

Post a Comment