Saturday, March 14, 2009

Number 7

7. Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ten years ago, I would not have put them in my top ten. In fact, I'm unsure if I would have put them in my top twenty. That's why this list is fun- becuase even I am surprised they're in at number seven.

I previously thought RHCP was pretty radio-standard. That's not something I normally like. Then they released Stadium Arcadium. This album changed the face of the Peppers for me. Not only do I really enjoy that album, but I started to re-explore old ones as well. I started out buying the Greatest Hits disc, and it flew from there.

As a sidenote, I should say that when I house sat for a co-worker of my mom, all Dan had in the house was RCHP (or at least, that was the majority). So I really started listening to them at this point in time.

As a sidenote for Roxanne, Dan was the guy that bought me the shot that got me kicked out of Sauget's finest nightclub. Go Dan!

Back to the Peppers.

My official favorite album is One Hot Minute. (And, yeah, maybe the name has something to do with it...) Plus, if you don't know my top five favorite RHCP songs, you should check out the second music debate. It was killer. (Because I won.)

That's all for number seven. And for number six, I may have a tie...

2 comments:

  1. You know how I love that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite funny. I'm just sad I got kicked out only four songs in... =(

    ReplyDelete