Monday, March 16, 2009

Number 6

6. Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age

Hey, I saw them together in concert. Therefore, I am going to let them sit at the same number.

I always say I love NIN beginning to end. This statement is true by default. Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral are amazing. Of course, after that they released like 4,000 albums. I will not say that all of those were great. I WILL say that during that time, they released "The Perfect Drug" on The Lost Highway soundtrack. This negates every bad album they have/will ever produce, because "The Perfect Drug" is just perfection. In the last few years, they have really put out a few good albums. With Teeth is probably my favorite NIN album. It is really heavy, but I always find myself dancing to "The Hand That Feeds" and "Only". Year Zero is also pretty danceworthy. Plus the bass on that thing sounds great in the Mustang.

Where do I start with QotSA?! I could listen to any of their albums front to back and not want to skip a song. Technically classified as "stoner rock". Not partaking in said acts, I still really enjoy the music. That probably says a lot. Half of the time I listen to them, I can't decide if I would rather dance or start a one-woman most pit. If I were forced to pick a favorite album, it would have to be Era Vulgaris. And if I had to pick a favorite song, I'd say "Sick, Sick, Sick" from that same album. Queens really rock in concert. One thing that helps get them into my top ten is that Josh Homme is pretty drool-worthy. Also, if you like them because you ARE a stoner, I say check out The Desert Sessions. Do your research on this. It's mind boggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment